This old, malfunctional shoutbox template, soon to be slated for deprecation and deletion, has been replaced by a simpler, easier Template:Shoutbox sidebar.
- To upgrade, you will need to replace the shoutbox code in your "User talk:" page, and that's all!
- It "plays nice" with all sorts of other talk page elements, like archive boxes, status update templates, and various forms of talk page header templates, and many others.
- It does not float on top of content and interfere with  buttons, or cause other such problems.
- It is much easier to install and maintain.
- It's code footprint in your talk page is much smaller and cleaner.
- You do not need any other files in your userspace
Upgrade soon! The old Template:Shoutbox won't be around much longer, and when it is deleted, your talk page with look weird if you haven't upgraded.